This document sets out our policy for responding to requests for deletion of data under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), which comes into force in May 2018. This page explains the rights of the data subject in relation to data deletion and the responsibilities of Truly Gourmet (herein referred to as ”TG“） in responding to such a request.
An individual has the right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
When does the right to erasure apply?
As stipulated in the GDPR, individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it
was originally collected/processed;
- When the individual withdraws consent;
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the
relevant processing activity;
- When the personal data was unlawfully processed;
- Where the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
What information does TG retain?
The TG online system “Interplace” stores data about individuals for TG’s e-commerce store.
How can data be deleted?
A system administrator (individual user acting on behalf of their organization) can delete data from their Interplace system whenever they wish. This data is deleted from the system immediately and cannot be recovered by any users or TG’s employees after this point. Data that has been deleted or otherwise destroyed can not be recovered at any time. Sufficient warning is given to the account administrator before they permanently delete anything.
Data Deletion Policy
Data may still remain in the systems back-up files, which will be deleted periodically. Information may be deleted from our system upon request to [email protected]trulygourmet.co. We undertake to perform the deletion within one month (30 calendar days) and will send you a confirmation once the information has been deleted. Wherever possible, we will aim to complete the request in advance of the deadline.
For more information about our Data Policy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]trulygourmet.co. You have all the rights to ask for;
- To receive the copy of your personal details we have collected
- To delete your personal details from our system
- To withdraw your consent (if you previously agreed to provide us with the data, but then changed your mind)
We are doing our best to guarantee the security of your personal details while keeping and using them.
Last updated – 9th March 2021